eBook: COLLEGE FUNDING - THE RIGHT WAY
-THAT ALSO FUNDS A TAX-FREE RETIREMENT -
THE SECRET WEAPON OF THE AFFLUENT – IT’S NOT A 529
The most popular way to fund college education are 529 plans. Let’s ask ourselves one simple question.
QUESTION: DO AFFLUENT AND WEALTHY PEOPLE USE 529 PLANS?
ANSWER: NO (HECK NO)
Don’t get us wrong, 529 plans are PERFECT for many people. The challenge we all have is KNOWING AND UNDERSTANDING ALL OF OUR OPTIONS and then making an INFORMED DECISION.
529 Plans Pros —
1) Once funded (after-tax), the money can grow tax-free and be removed tax-free for qualifying college education expenses.
2) If owned by the parent or grandparent, once funded correctly, the assets (including growth) are out of their estate for estate tax purposes.
3) If owned by the parent or grandparent, if the child or grandchild does not go to college, the money can be used by the person funding the 529 Plan and would act like an IRA (with similar income taxes and penalties).
529 Plans Cons —
1) If the child does not go to college, the growth on the money is taxable and subject to potential penalties when withdrawn/used by the parent/grandparent.
2) The money in a 529 Plan is subject to loss due to market risk (imagine if your children’s education was committed to a 529 plan in 2008 – the entire college savings could have been wiped out)
3) 529 Plans are not “self-completing” should a parent or grandparent die prior to complete funding, college funding will be severely limited.
4) 529 Plans have funding limits. Funding is limited by the $13,000 annual gift tax exclusion (although they can be super-funded in year one by pouring in all of the first five year’s worth of gifts all at once, $65,000).
COLLEGE FUNDING – MITIGATING FACTORS
Each and every person, scenario and case is different. Sometimes a 529 makes sense and is the best option while other times it’s not. Here are some additional mitigating factors to consider;
– How to save and pay for college without hurting financial aid eligibility?
– How to save and pay for college without compromising your retirement nest egg?
– How fees and taxes will affect your college savings?
– How to pay for college if you have NO MONEY SAVED?
– How to pay for college without creating overwhelming student loan debt?
– How to pay for college while also being able to use those funds for emergencies?
– How to re-allocate college funding dollars TAX FREE if your child does not attend college?
DOWNLOAD OUR COLLEGE FUNDING – THE RIGHT WAY eBOOK
Complete the form below and get your copy of our eBook -> COLLEGE FUNDING – THE RIGHT WAY. Included in the eBook are secret and little known tactics that will NOT ONLY PAY FOR YOUR CHILD’S (OR GRANDCHILD’S EDUCATION) – BUT – FOR THE SAME AMOUNT INVESTED IN A 529, WILL ALSO PROVIDE YOU A LIFETIME OF ASSET PROTECTION, LIFE INSURANCE AND MONEY LEFT OVER FOR RETIREMENT!
Sound too good to be true? IT’S NOT – Ask people from the families of JC Penney, Walt Disney, Sam Walton and many others. What you are about to read will unlock little known secrets about education funding, TAX FREE income for life and solutions to MANY of our financial challeges.